We are in close contact with drivers who explained what they do on a daily basis to keep their passengers and themselves safe and to help avoid spreading the virus.
Please keep in mind that both you and your passenger(s) can transmit the virus if one of you was infected previously, even if you don't have severe symptoms. This situation creates stress, which is best eliminated by taking the recommended measures and by communicating openly about the security procedures you follow and recommend.
In addition to the general recommendations listed here, we recommend to follow a few additional procedures to protect yourself and your riders:
- Sanitize high-touch areas of your vehicle
After each ride, wipe vehicle parts that riders are in contact with using disinfectant wipes.
- Interior and exterior car door handle
- Power Window switches
- Phone chargers
- When greeting your rider
- Keep the recommended 3-feet distance and avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact.
- Suggest to your rider to use hand sanitizer before entering the vehicle and explain what precautions you are using to protect both the rider and yourself from being infected.
- Luggage handling
- Ask your riders if they would like assistance putting luggage into the trunk or if they prefer to do themselves.
- Keep sanitizer in your trunk and if you have loaded or unloaded your rider's luggage, sanitize your hands before getting back into your vehicle.