The Wingz driver app requires location tracking settings on your mobile phone to be on, because we need to record geolocation data for your "start ride", pick up" and "drop off" swipe events.
This information needs to be reported to our broker partners when we request payment for trips that were provided by all Wingz drivers.
If you are receiving an error message indicating that you are too far from the pick-up or drop-off location when you try to swipe pick-up or drop-off, you can help us troubleshoot the issue, by following these easy steps.
Check that location tracking for the Wingz driver app is "always on".
If your location settings are on and you can continue receiving the error message, follow these steps to check.
- On your Wingz Driver App, go to the Options screen and click on "Check Location Settings"
- This will display a popup with your GPS configuration:
In case you see a message that shows "false", please submit an Instabug so that the Wingz team can follow up with you.
- Keep the screen displayed and shake your phone to submit an Instabug with a screenshot. Click the "Report a bug" link:
- The screenshot will be added automatically.
- Make sure to double-check the email address that will prepopulate on the screen and click the submit icon in the upper right corner.
Our tech team will receive your device information and be able to troubleshoot.